1.29.2009

Light

Light can penetrate darkness and make it leave, darkness cannot penetrate light.
It is impossible for darkness to exist in a room fully lit by light

That little bit is something that I never get tired of hearing. The Bible calls us light, it calls Jesus light, Jesus calls himself light. So... we are the light. When we decide to turn on, all the way, we penetrate darkness and it is gone. The darkness cant touch us, but we can eliminate it.

Sometimes we let our light dwindle a little bit, allowing wherever we are to grow just the tiniest bit darker. Then, eventually, we reach a place where our light is almost out; the room is very dim. Maybe we let our light turn off, for some reason, and the room is dark.

But what if we never let our light fade? What if, no matter what happens or comes at us, we never let it turn off? That room would be full of light, it would never grow dark. We have an amazing ability that God gave us, we can give light to people that we see everyday. Make that room that you are lighting the world, your home, places that you go. In work, school, at the store, the person that helps you at the library, someone who asks you for directions, and maybe even the people at your church- you can light their life up. If we never let timidity, something that offends us, weariness, worrying, or anything else that might come up against us never get a hold on us, we can touch people in our lives. We can make a change wherever we are, no matter how dark the darkness is, we can take it away. Just by being us, living how God wants us to, and reaching out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for lighting my world, Kendall!

Here's a thought....imagine both husband and wife in a marriage shining together....or the entire family shining together....or whole churches shining together....WOW! Imagine... bright light uniting with more light, uniting with more light, and so on....

I'm sure you've read this before but I've been wanting to mention Matt.5:15-16 from The Message: Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand---shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

I love light!

I love you!

A.Joni

kendall.micayla said...

Hi, Aunt Joni!
I think you need to get a blog, you have some good stuff! That is the verse that I was looking for when I was writing that post...
Thanks, I love you!

Anonymous said...

You're awesome Kendall! I miss you!

kendall.micayla said...

Thanks!! I miss you too, it was cool seeing you on the webcam. :)