This is something I found in the book Jesus Day By Day by Beth Moore:
"We grow comfortable with the Christ we know. Then suddenly He shatters the box we've put Him in, leaving us asking, "Who is this man?" At those times-if we're willing-Christ will show us a glimpse of His glory, and we will be changed as He transfigures Himself before us.
Jesus regularly seeks to readjust our vision of Him. And I believe the more we are willing to receive from Him, the more He is willing to reveal to us. I think the reason Jesus took Peter, James, and John to the mountain was because they were willing to receive the greater revelation. How blessed we truly are when we have eyes that are willing to see and ears that are willing to hear.
We are a direct by-product of who we believe and who we see Christ to be. I believe He blesses the prayer, "Father, daily show me the reality, the greater reality of Your Son Jesus Christ. Transfigure Him before my very eyes, and then give me the courage to adjust my life to what I see."
I like this because it is kind of basic, yet somewhat eyeopening... we do put God in a box. And often without thinking! God is willing to give us so much more and reveal so much more to us but we arent willing, we have got him limited in our thinking. God is so.... big!
1 comment:
You got it, dear!
I'm gonna check out that book...I don't have that one!
Love~ A.Joni
Post a Comment