2.12.2009

Something I found

This morning I found this in the devotional that I am currently going through.
The book is by Natalie Lloyd, and called Want More? Life.
It is a poem that she shared with the readers that she wrote a while ago, I love it!

"I stand to marvel at how fast time goes;
And wonder at the life I chose.
For if all comes down to simple truth;
And seasons from dusk to misspent youth,
Then as my eyes blink eternal bliss;
Will I think of what I have accomplished..... or instead
....of what I missed?
When wrinkles hide a youthful smile, so often caved within,
When the twilight waltzes from my eyes
What will I tell of "back then"?
In the spring I longed for summer, ignoring every bloom,
In the summer I didn't risk falling in love-because I didn't want to lose.
Too many worries, I bid not the bright dreams of the fall
Winter days were devoted to titles hanging on the wall.
Will I leave a legacy that I lived each day upright?
Did I jump in the leaves? Swim in the seas?
Marvel at the stars by night?
Did I live and learn and love with a passion greater than my fears?
Or is my contentment in complacency, a blended blur of years?
When winter finds me, cold breath on my window,
Cast shadows of light where I've been!
I want to look back with peace and satisfaction and say,
'I enjoyed the seasons of life back then.'"

The chapter that this was in talked about seasons of life, how they always change. Sometimes, we don't pay attention to little things, things that God puts in our path-both physical and spiritual. A lot of people talk or write about that, but every time I read or hear about enjoying every day, I realize things that I overlook.
Life is quick, time goes by really fast-how many times a day do you stop and look. Not just a glance- LOOK. Maybe it is a flower or something in nature that you see while on a walk. Stop and look at it, study it, look at the details and intricacy. God made that, he put it there for you!
But then there are seasons in your spiritual life, maybe a time of dryness, or one of discovering God and all He is. Take everyday to get closer to God, let Him take your relationship with Him to a place that it has never been. Make time in the morning and night to dig in your Bible, or do a study-learn new things. Look at His promises and wonder at His sacrifices.... learn from other people and look at their relationships with Him. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you sweetheart...that's so deep...and perfect! I don't know if you received my email yet about a writing I wanted to send you about something along the same line. I was hoping you could creatively put it together for me in the form of a rustic looking sign...or something. Here goes:

In the slumber of winter we realize the pleasantness of spring's new birth. In the depth of winter we learn that within us there's a stirring for an invincible summer.(If we never experienced the taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.) In the changing and falling of God-colored leaves the reality of autumn appears. The harvest is in and the drapes have been closed on another year. The fading of what's gone by makes way for the beauty of what's yet to come. It is here we make the choice to reflect.....with thankful hearts for the blessings of the past, but also with joyful expectation for the blessings that the future has in store for us. God then takes every part and weaves it into a design of His workmanship, displaying His splendor through us right here, right now!

"I believe every season of our lives has it's divine purpose. I just happen to be particularly fond of autumn, myself."

~Joni Leanne Bryant~

kendall.micayla said...

Hi, Aunt Joni!
I did get your email, I just havent been on in in a while so I havent gotten to reply yet. :)
Did you write that?
I am going to reply right now. :D

Anonymous said...

Well, in response to your question asking if I wrote that...I had taken little tidbits of a writing I saw and changed it, adding some of my own sense of what God was putting on my heart. I didn't feel like it was COMPLETELY my own so that is why you only see the last part in quotations. Did you like it??? I thought it would be such a good thing to have displayed all year round!

(Perhaps we can talk more through email)

Love~A.Joni

kendall.micayla said...

I love it!

Lloyd Family said...

I read this post when you originally posted it, but i want you to know that i read it tonight and it blessed me all over again. Not just the poem but your description of what God shows you as an individual through it. You are proclaiming God's truth Kendall and I'm so proud of who you are!