Boldness.
Definitely something that is very intimidating for me... if you know me at all, you would agree with me... a lot of people try to get me out of my shell! :) Most of the time, it frustrates me that I am so timid, (and sometimes other people!) but it is pretty much in my comfort zone to be very quiet and too shy-which is not good! 
It is something that I have to work on in my life... I know that, in order for me to follow God's plan for my life, I can't ever become comfortable with where I am. With our relationship with God, we always have to be growing and moving forward. We cant become comfortable with where we are, we can't stay in our boxes.... that we put ourselves in! In worship, I have to continually remind myself that I am not preforming... that it is just between me and God. I am worshiping Him, and giving Him the best of all that I have. If I am not on the stage, it is the same way. I am so scared of what people see and what they might think, that it holds me back so much from what I could be giving to God. Which is pretty wrong.
I am working on this, asking God to help me and constantly correcting myself when I withdraw from people... I have a lot of friends that help me. (Whether they know it, or not!)
1 comment:
Oh my sweet Kendall...I wish you were here so I could wrap my arms around you! The very fact that you recognize this need in your life and that you are willing to allow God to stretch you speaks VOLUMES about your faith!!! Some of "us" took alot longer to get to that place! Actually, God is still walking me through places that I need to grow in this area...I think for me, the more I am able to lay hold of His love for me and receive from Him, the "new man" shines more and more! I am reading a book called, "from the Father's Heart" by: Charles Slagle....it is SO good! It is written in the form of a father sending letters to His children with accompanying scriptures. I would love to get you one....it's very enlightening!
Love~A.Joni
Post a Comment