Well I just got back from youth camp two weeks ago. -Greater Love- It was amazing! Pastor Ben (the speaker) was awesome- he gave us so much stuff to go home with. The place we went to to host our youth camp was Refreshing Mountain Camp in Pennsylvania. It was a lot of fun and very filling! =)
I started school last Monday, I am officially in the ninth grade now! Remember that CAT5 test I think I remember posting about earlier? We did really good on it, I guess studying and understanding the test helped a lot.
Last night I decided to make some candles without waiting to look for some directions. I had a box of some paraffin wax that I melted and added some Peppermint smell to and put in some molds or glass containers.... it worked! I split some white yarn into two strands only and dipped them into some melted wax for wicks. I tried some red coloring but it wouldn't mix and just went straight to the bottom of the pan.
Here is the little votive that turned out the most photogenic. The wick is crooked but it was the only one I want to burn yet! I have wanted to make a candle for so long! The others I made were a heart and a star out of a soap/candy mold and a tall/thin votive that has a cap that can screw on. (I am starting my Christmas present compiling already.) ;)
I am almost done with the purple rabbit- I wanted to wait for some more people to put their names on but I guess I should just get on with it!
I enjoyed my summer and hopefully I will be able to blog more since my days are more constructed and I can have time at the end of the day to share whats happening around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment